Monday, November 8, 2010

Starting transfer 10...SO crazy!


the Giles, Sister Davis, and I :) after district study one day


at the botanical gardens


me with the cupcakes we made for gary! haha, the frosting was too thin though and it all slid off before we got them to him...



sisters and the zone leaders at the botanical gardens - Sister Rodriguez, Leonard, me, Sister Davis, Elder Coronado (back), Elder de la torre (front)


Sister Davis, Sister bourassa, and myself

Hey everyone :)

So...transfer calls came! And I am being transferred. We weren't sure what to expect...Sister Davis and I had our little "sisterland" hanging on the wall and tried to figure out what was going to happen with the sisters for transfers and we were completely wrong. So I am going to Longueuil, another French speaking family ward just south of the island of Montreal, with Sister Quist, and it should be a lot of fun. I'm going to miss this zone so much though! Elder de la Torre, Elder Bourdon, Sister Leonard - the people that I've been with since I've been in Quebec. But I am realyl excited. It'll be fun to stay in French speaking and keep improving that. it was so sweet: we said goodbye to Elder and Sister Giles yesterday (they invited su over to lunch) and they were just so sweet. I told them that I was staying French and they were SO excited for me. Sister giles mentioned how Elder Giles keeps telling what Ia talent I have for French...he said that people can just understand me - what I say, they way I explain it. It was so sweet :) I just love them.

Other things going on this trasnfer for anyone who might be interested: Elder Bourdon is going zone leader in Rive Nord and Elder Sybrowsky is the other zone leader there, but they're not companions; they're both getting greenies. Elder Smedley is training (it's his 2nd transfer) and Elder Coronado is going up to Quebec! He's not thrilled, but I'm SO excited for him :) The sisters stayed pretty much the same except for me, then Sister Hamula is coming here with Sister Davis (they will have SUCH a great time) and Sister Fletcher and Sister Verdeja are both getting greenies. It should be a good transfer.

This week was an interesting week: we taught several lessons, but I ended up being sick in bed for about 3 days and we didn't get tons of contacting done. Lucie is still doing wonderful and she came to a baptism yesterday right after Stake conference for the Joliette branch and LOVED it. She's so ready for her baptism. We taught Felipe the word of Wisdom, and he accepted it without any problems. He scared us a bit though at first by saying "I can give up the coffee, that's not a problem, but I CAN'T give up the drugs." We didn't quite know what to say until he started laughing. Then last night we FINALLY got a hold of Gary. We drove by his house and then i called him and at first he said he didn't have time but then I told him that I was leaving and needed his address and he let us in. The sisters are going to back and visit him again in a couple of days. I just love the people here; I am going to miss them. But from what I've heard, Longeueil is a wonderful ward, so hopefully that will be just as great :)

Other than that, I can't think of tons of things to say about this week. haha, yesterday during stake conference, the kids in front of us were OUT OF CONTROL. Sister Davis doesn't have any younger brothers and sisters, just older ones, and she kept saying how her children will never act like that. i just laughed. But then it was so funny: we had made a cheesecake for the baptism and we went in to get it right after the baptism for the little refreshments part and it had already been mostly eaten! Definitely the work of at least one little 2 year old :) And I could just picture a mom coming in and seeing him and panicking a little bit because he had eaten the entire middle out of our cake. It was SO funny...we took pictures and I'll try to send them to you next week :)

Anyways, I hope all is going well with you...I love you all tons! Have a wonderful week! :)

Love, Sister Nicole Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment