Thursday, November 18, 2010

First week in Longueuil :)

Hey everyone!

How are you all doing? Things here are going great....the first week in my new area! Longueuil reminds me a lot of Quebec...it's about the same style of work with lots of knocking and no metros. I love it :) The ward seems really great. We went to PEC the first Wednesday that we were here and I was amazed by how on top of things the ward is. They were talking about visiting teaching, home teaching, and how to help each one of the members that might need help; you know, all the things they're supposed to do during PEC. It was a big change from Hochelaga where they weren't quite as on top of things. Plus, it is RIGHT next to the temple. Like, we share a parking lot with the temple. It's pretty little, but beautiful. I'm just hoping that I get to go in at some time....eventually I'm sure I will :)

I don't have tons to say about this week...not tons happened. I love my companion, Sister Quist. She's from Utah and has a big family, and is so sweet. She's also extremely tall...like 6 feet. I just love her. And Sister Morse came back with her family adn we spent Saturday night talking to them and that was so fun. I just love her :) She was my second companion here and I have a lot of respect for her. It's kind of crazy to think that she's done with her mission already and that I'm now the oldest sister in the mission...so crazy!

There's not tons going on in the area right now. The sisters spent the last week of last transfer up in Quebec city for the symposium so they didn't get a chance to find anyone and they didn't get anything set up for this past week at all. And I guess things have been a bit slower anyways in the area. But we went finding a lot and found quite a few new potentials that I'm excited to teach...it should be great :) Oh, and then last night we had a dinner appointment with the zone leaders. it was with a family in the spanish branch here (they don't have missionaries in their branch) and it was a birthday party for their 20 year old twins so they had a TON of people that were over there and we ate and then had a family home evening with them. It was a lot of fun, but kind of strange. They came in and we were going to start eating, and then the dad came and said something in Spanish that we didn't understand at all so Sister Quist and I just sat there and smiled. Then we asked the elders to translate for us and they said the dad had banished us to this other room to eat our dinner and had asked for volunteers to go eat with us so we wouldn't be paired off and no one volunteered. They said it was the most awkward thing ever, haha. It was so pretty funny. So we sat in a room by ourselves with 3 other girls who came and sat by us. Then we tried to play the game with them but part of it involved putting lipstick lines on our face and they told us that that was face painting and we couldn't participate. It's kind of funny the idea that people have of the missionaries sometimes. But it's been a fun week and I'm excited to work in the ward. I hope everything is going well for you all and I love you tons! :) Take care!

Love, Sister Nicole Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment