Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving :)

1. The sisters in my zone! Sister Rodriguez, me, Sister Davis (my companion), Sister Leonard (my companion when I was in Quebec). I just love them!

2. My zone this transfer :) We have SO much fun.

3. My district the last p-day of last transfer when we hiked Mt. Royal to see the sunrise. Elder Bourdon, Elder Hallman, Sister Davis, me

4. My zone up in Quebec before I left (minus Victoriaville and Trois Rivieres)









Hey everyone!

So today is the Canadian Thanksgiving...we were afraid that the shops and everything would all be closed, but everything is open...guess they celebrate Thanksgiving a little bit different than we do :)

Things here are going really well. This week we had a great time! We had a Work Day which is a bit like Zone Conference, but not quite as long. We had trainings by our zone leaders, the assistants, President Cannon, then we all ate together and then went on splits to go out finding for the next 3 hours. It was crazy...there were SO many missionaries on the metros! I was on splits with Sister Morse which was a lot of fun...she was my companion back my 2nd transfer and I haven't hardly talked to her since since I was up in Quebec. This is her last transfer and it was really fun to be with her and hear her advice. I can't believe that in just a few weeks at the end of this transfer I'll be the oldest sister in the mission...I hit my year mark this last week and it was insane. Time really does speed by sometimes.

This week we also taught quite a few people and saw a few miracles. We had several new investigators, 2 of whom speak more Spanish than French but don't want to attend the Spanish ward. One of them, Felipe, is incredible! He was a media referral...turns out one of his friends in Texas started meeting with the missionaries in Texas about 2 years ago and has been telling Felipe all about our church. So we got his name last weekend and stopped by the next day but he wasn't home so we left him a little note asking him to call us. He called us on Friday and we set up an appointment for Saturday and it went SO well....we showed up about 10 minutes late and he had cookies and juice for all of us. We apologized for being late and he said "I've been waiting for you for 2 months...10 minutes more isn't that big of a deal." The lesson was perfect as well and he'll be getting baptized sometime in November we think. He was supposed to come to church but ended up being sick so he couldn't, so we gave him a Restoration DVD and he watched that and read a good part of the Book of Mormon. We're SO excited for him!

ANd then church yesterday was kind of crazy...We were supposed to have 5 investigators and a less active at church, but only one showed up and he almost didn't come. We called EVERYONE Saturday to invite them, and several said they would be there. Then Sunday morning we called our less active and she said she was already read and heading out the door (she never made it to the church); we stopped by Liline's house and she said that she wasn't coming anymore; we called Gary but he wasn't there; then Felipe doesn't have a phone so we called his friend who told us that Felipe thought we were meeting him at his house instead of the metro so we started to drive over to Felipe's to go on the metro with him to church, but I took the wrong road to get there. As we're driving, Gary called us to tell us that he was dressed and ready to go, but his metro card had been demagnetized and he couldn't use it, so he had no way to get to church. We were 2 blocks from his house, so we drove over there and loaned him ours for the day so he could go to church. So the taking the wrong road to go to Felipe's turned out to be a blessing...otherwise it would have taken us over 20 minutes to get to Gary's house and he wouldn't have been able to make it to church in time. So after all of that, Gary was the only one who showed up, but he absolutely LOVED church, especially Sunday School. I had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting, and that was interesting...they called me on Wednesday to ask me to do it, so I prepared one real quick and it was supposed to take 15 minutes. However, there was a lot of ward business, the first 2 talks both took awhile, so I ended up having 7 minutes and had to cut the talk down a bit, but it still turned out well. And everyone understood my French which was a miracle in and of itself :)

So things here are going well. We have a great week set up with several new investigators planned...it should be fun. Tonight we're going on member splits because we double booked two appointments...it should be fun! Then some other time this week we're going to go on splits with the Spanish sisters. I'm excited for this week :)

I hope you all are doing well...take care and I love you tons!

Love, Sister Nicole Lindsey


PS: Kyle - I got your chastisement and will be writing you soon, don't worry :) Thanks for your letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment