Monday, May 31, 2010

"My words are His words and my doctrine is His doctrine."

Hey everyone!

This week was WONDERFUL. It was really fun getting to know my knew companion and working with her. Her name is Sister Leonard and she's from Belgium. She's so neat; I love her. She reminds me a lot of Sister Pearson: she loves to work and we have a lot of fun together. We spent a lot of time this week finding, which was good. While she was in the MTC, Sister Leonard heard tell of a prophecy from one of the General Authorities saying that someday, people all along the St. Laurent River would be members of the church and have the gospel in their lives. We're not sure how true it is, but we decided to start trying to fulfill it, so we found a street that stretches clear along the south shore of the St. Laurent and we decided that's what we're going to be working on this month. I'm excited for it :)

I don't have tons to say about this week...not much happened. We heart-attacked the zone leaders apartment on Friday and that was so much fun. They were in Montreal all day for Zone Leader council and generally they're not in the best of moods when they get back, so we decided to surprise them with hearts everywhere...so fun. I loved it :) And SIster Leonard had received a HUGE package (12 kilos) full of Belgian chocolate and candies, so we left them some of those as well. They really appreciated it adn it made things pretty fun.

We also visited with the Caron's (our neighbors) twice this week, and both times went really well. Soeur Caron is less-active and is really nice, but generally doesn't participate tons in the lessons, but both times this week she was asking questions and participating in what we were saying. It was neat. We now know a little bit more about the problems she has and so we have a better idea of where to start working next. Also this week we had a really neat experience in English class. First we asked if someone wanted to volunteer to give the prayer and Michel (one of the men in the class) gave one that he had written, beginning with "Dear Heavenly Father" and ending "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Then for the English class we had them all write a letter to someone they didn't know to practice introducing themselves and asking questions, as well as their grammar and spelling. I brought several pictures from Montreal and let them each choose who they wanted to write. Most picked missionaries, but one woman picked Robyn and then another picked my recent convert, Rob. I'd brought a picture of his baptismal day and I explained to all the students a little about who each of the people in the pictures was so they would know what kind of questions to ask. The woman who picked Rob, Guillaune, asked Rob in her letter how he had found the church, what he felt like after his baptism (if he was more happy, etc), and if he thought his life would be better because of this new religion. I got to explain a little about his conversion story and it was really neat. It would've been better if he'd been there to bear testimony, but it was still really a neat experience and I thought it was great she was even thinking to ask questions like that.

So overall the week was good. Nothing too exciting happened, but I love my new companion and we're looking forward to a wonderful week and a wonderful transfer. It should be good :) I hope all is going well for you! I love you all tons!! Take care! :)

Love, Sister Nicole Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. I guess her new comp favorite word is neat ;) I never heard her use it before this letter ;)

    Funny, I'm wondering what the girl that chose Robyn wrote... ;)

    ReplyDelete