Thursday, May 27, 2010

My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts...``

Hello everybody!

This week has been crazy....I ended up getting sick for most of it, so we didn`t get tons of work done, but we did still do quite a bit. I`ve been fighting a cold for the last 3 months or so, and it finally won this Tuesday and I was barely able to stand without falling over, so Siste Tschumi and I decided that tracting was probably not the best activity and we spent the next three days at home while I slept. Not ideal for the last week of the transfer, but sometimes there`s not much of a choice. But anyways, in between all of the sleeping, we did get some things done! We taught Liz again...she`s doing so well! I`m not sure if I mentioned her in any of the last e-mails...we`ve taught her twice now and have the third appointment with her tomorrow. We met her while knocking doors one day and she said she doesn`t believe in God or religion because there are so many difficulties in her life (she has huntington`s disease and because of that she lost her job, her home, her husband, and her family doesn`t talk to her tons) and so many people go to church just on Sundays and then are complete hypocrites the rest of the week. Or at least, that was her reasoning for why she doesn`t believe in anything. She also said that of the churches, ours was probably the most generous and the most christlike, and she`d be happy to listen to us, and if we could convince her, that`d be great. So we`ve taught her now a couple of times and I think she`s slowly starting to change her perspective and realize that we`re really there because we honestly believe what we teach. We`re here because we want others to have better lives and more happiness, and we know how that`s possible, and so we`re here to share it. I`m excited to keep teaching her...it`ll be fun :)

We also taught a girl named Shirley yesterday. She`s actually one of the zone leaders investigators, but they didn`t have a chaperone and so they couldn`t teach her and so they asked us to. She`s from Columbia, has a 2 year old daughter who was way active, and doesn`t speak a word of either French or English, only Spanish. Crazy. So we took a Spanish speaking member with us (who unfortunately was so preoccupied with the little girl that she didn`t get a chance to talk very much, but Sister Tschumi did amazing as a teacher, so it turned out all right :) ) and taught the first discussion. It was really interesting...it kind of made me want to learn Spanish, but then I remembered that I`m struggling with French and should probably stick with just one foreign language for now. Maybe in the future....we`ll see. But anyways, it was interesting...she stopped Sister Tschumi in the middle of the lesson and looked at me and told me that I was beautiful and she loved my eyes. She said that she reminded me of some of the people in her Pentecostal congregation back in Columbia who even though they wore longer skirts and not much jewelry and didn`t have that more `worldy` beauty, they were still more beautiful than most of the world because they had the light of Christ in them and people can see that and are drawn towards that. And I have that same light in my eyes that just draws people towards me. It was pretty neat :) I hope others can see that too....

But anyways, so all that was fun. Also this week we had TRANSFER CALLS!! That`s always exciting. I was pretty sure that both Sister Tschumi and I were staying here, and that`s what everyone else thought as well. Elder Grinton talked to me for awhile on Thursday (he`s my zone leader and had just talked to the Assistants the day before when they were going over what was going to happen in our zone) and told me that he had recommended that I specifically stay, that we stay together, and the reasons why he said that, and they said they thought that was a good idea so they were going to pray about keeping us together. But then transfer call night came (Saturday) and we were all at the Institute Center making fluatas (spelling?) for our dinner that we were having and instead of the zone leaders just telling us that we were both staying, the Assistants called us saying that I was staying, but Sister Tschumi was being transferred to Monterrey, which is in Montreal Spanish-speaking. Insane. So I`m getting Sister Leonard as my new companion. She came out the same time that Sister Cottrell did (so this will be her 3rd transfer), she`s from Belgium, and she speaks French, English, and Spanish, and she`s amazing. She`s so outgoing and way excited to be here and be a missionary. It should be fun...I`m excited. And pretty much the rest of our district is staying the same...Elder Williams is leaving which will be really sad, but Elder Magre, Elder de la Torre, and Elder Grinton are all staying, so it should be a blast. I`m way excited for this transfer :)

Other than that, i can`t think of anything really interesting that happened this week. I know everybody was shocked at church on Sunday when they announced that Sister Tschumi was leaving...they were all certain that I was going to leave and she was going to stay. But that`s all right...I love Quebec and I`m excited to stay here another one :) But anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take care! Love you all! :)

Love, Sister Nicole Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment