Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On the first day of Christmas.... :)

Hey everyone!

How are you? How was your week? This week was really fun...it started off with a wonderful but incredibly exhausting P-day last Monday. We've been wanting to climb Mount Saint Hilaire for a little while, so we all drove out to St Hilaire (the zone leaders area) and did emails, went out to eat, and then went to go climb the mountain. it was kind of crazy though, while we were eating it started snowing TONS. We decided to climb the mountain anyways though and just take the shorter route, but then that route was closed and so we ended up taking the longer one. It was likte 5 kilometers which wouldn't have been too bad, but by the time we got to the top the snow was like 5 inches deep. it was SO much fun though. We had a great time. We were all pretty exhausted when we got back, but it was definitely worth it.

Other than that, this week was pretty uneventful. We taught a couple of people and had our ward Christmas party which was really fun. We taught Magda (the woman from Romania) and committed her to be baptized in January. It was so exciting! She has a daughter who wants to get baptized at the same time, but we have to teach her a little bit more first. I'm so excited for them...they're wonderful. Then we taught Ruth and she came to the ward Christmas party and LOVED it and then came to church and just had a really great time. She's doing really well.

Also this week we went on splits with the Greenfield Park Sisters (Sister Cottrell and Sister Tschumi) and so Sister Tschumi came here with me and we worked together for a day and it was just so much fun. I haven't really seen her very much since I trained her back like 4 transfers ago, so it was fun to be with her and catch up. We were laughing the entire time and just had a great day together finding and teaching people. We met a really interesting man...I've realized again how little clothing people wear here. We had several who opened the doors without pants on...so bizarre. But it was a lot of fun :)

We also had the chance to visit with a lot of our members this week which was really neat. I just love working with the members and we have some really neat people in this ward. I love them and I'm so excited to work even more with them! One of our members, SIster Groux, invited us over and we talked with her for a LONG time. She has 3 daughters all under the age of 3, and they're so cute! I just love that family. Transfer calls are this Saturday adn I'm almost positive that I'm staying here and I'm so excited...it'll be fun to work here for at least another 6 weeks and get to know the members even more and keep working with our investigators.

Then this week we're having a Christmas program for all the missionaries...we're meeting up with the IDM zone (so the one I was just in last transfer) and the Quebec zone and we're spending the entire day together playing games and singing songs and doing all kinds of things. I'm so excited...it should be a lot of fun this Christmas. I hope everything is going well for you back home...I love you all tons and I'm so grateful for all your love and support! thank you for all that you do :)

Love, Sister Nicole Lindsey

Hey mom!

Thanks so much for you letter! I`m going to write you a real quick one now and then I`ll write a bigger one to everyone and then hopefully I`ll still have time left to write you another one. But I wanted to let you know that I DID get your packages! Thank you SO much! They came on Tuesday night and it was kind of funny, the woman we live with (Grandma) said that she signed for them but then realized she didn`t know who Nicole Lindsey was and so she almost sent them back, but then luckily we decided to go visit her that evening and as an afterthought I warned her about the packages that were coming and she said that they had just come! I wasn`t expecting them for another week or so, but they came really fast this year. Thank you so much! We started looking up scriptures almost immediately and there are some that we got pretty quickly and others that it took us a lot longer to understand. Like the toothbrush one was pretty easy...`cleanliness of teeth"! How did you find that scripture? And did you find the scripture for the package or did you find the scripture first and then decide to send toothbrushes? Pretty funny. There are some really good ones...we opened the first presents today and it was so exciting! thanks so much for the gingerbread house and candle...we're going to have a blast this Christmas :) I love you tons and I'll write more later!

Love, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment