Monday, July 19, 2010

"I know that my Redeemer lives"

Hey everybody!

So this week was WONDERFUL! :) LYSE GOT BAPTIZED!! We were a little stressed and had to make a million phone calls this week, but it turned out great and the ceremony was wonderful. I did sing; Elder Boyd practiced a lot and learned how to play the song for me. I ended up singing the words to "I know that My Redeemer Lives" to the tune of "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". I sang 3 verses and it turned out pretty well...I realized I'm a bit out of practice with singing, but it was fun to get into it again. I've also been practicing the piano a bit more recently and realized that I really do like it now that I don't HAVE to practice, haha...so we'll see, maybe I'll take that up again when I get home.

So other things for this week: we helped Sr. Laflamme again with her move, and it turned out well. I'm so glad that we were able to help; she was really stressed and it was nice to be able to go over and spend the time helping her. We also had another member, Seour Belanger, who's from Guatemala who taught us how to make empanadas, and that was really neat. I loved it; we had such a wonderful week. I also made a cake for Lyse's baptism and it was so funny...the Bishop LOVES to tease and he found out that I had made the cake (he said he knew it because it didn't look like a French cake, but really he asked Sister Leonard and she told him that I'd made it) and so he came and sat by me and for the next 3 minutes he teased me about the cake and how he didn't want to take a bite, he was scared, his hands were shaking so bad because he was so nervous that I was trying to poison everyone, and things like that, so finally I reached over and pushed his hand with the fork in it a bit forward so the cake would go in his mouth. It shocked him; he jerked his hand, and the cake fell on his tie. It was SO funny. Then the rest of the time he was eating the cake he was saying "mmmm....good..." because he was "afraid" that if he said anything else I would "attack" him again. It was pretty funny :)

Also this week we taught the Relief Society lesson, and it went really well. We talked about the 3 things that members can do that help us as the missionaries the most:
1. Come with us to lessons
2. Fellowship EVERYONE; not just investigators, but recent converts, less actives, and members. This includes doing monthly visits for visiting teaching and home teaching.
3. Invite people to activities. It's not necessary to invite them immediately to take the discussions, but if they can come to activities they can feel the Spirit, meet normal people, and become more quickly a part of the ward "family"

We told them about all of that, using quotes and scriptures, and then gave them each a little paper with the notes on it, along with a Book of Mormon (the Relief Society Presidency had asked us to do that), and I think it went well. I really enjoyed it.

So this week was wonderful. Things are changing a bit with the new president (we're only doing interviews every other transfer instead of every transfer; zone conference is now week 4 instead of week 2...things like that) but it's good. It's been a fun week and I'm looking forward to another really good one next week :) I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Nicole Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment