Sunday, April 25, 2010

"I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth."

Hello everyone!

This week was insane...Monday we spent with the other missionaries in our zone as most of them had to come here for transfers. We went and saw this huge cathedral in eastern Quebec and it was really pretty...it was so much fun! Then Soeur Cottrell and I spent all evening getting her packed and cleaning everything so that the apartment was all nice and pretty for my new companion who arrived on Tuesday. Her name is Soeur Tschumi (pronounced choomy), and she's really sweet. She's from Switzerland and speaks French and Spanish fluently and some English and German. She's 27 years old and extremely quiet. We speak almost the constantly in French, both in our apartment and outside and it is intense. I don't think I've spoken this much French in my entire mission combined. But it's good; I'm learning a lot and hopefully by the end of the transfer I'll be able to communicate better in French! :)

Wednesday was our day to really start working and it was intense. We don't have any investigators right now since we passed Patrick off the the elders (he's doing wonderful by the way....he brought his girlfriend to church yesterday, but she wasn't nearly as enthusiastic about it as he was so we'll see what happens. But the baptism is still on for the 1st of May!) and so we ended up just doing a TON of finding...like 4 hours on Wednesday, 6 on Thursday, and another 3 or 4 on Friday. It was pretty intense, but I loved it. I really enjoy knocking doors sometimes and just the hope of finding someone who is really interested and really prepared. I'm a little nervous that I'm going to push Soeur Tschumi too hard, but she hasn't said anything yet, so we're going to keep going until I get tired I guess. I'm excited for this next week and the people we're going to find :)

Also this week we had our first district study with our new district leader, Elder de la Torre, and he's wonderful. He really cares about us already and wants to help us be successful. It's really neat :) We also taught a lesson to this girl Lucie who took the discussions in France and had a baptismal date before moving here in January. She seems to really be searching for more direction in her life, but doesn't really believe that that can come through learning and following what God wants her to do. It's pretty sad and we're not quite sure how to proceed with her, but we're going to keep trying. She came to church yesterday and said all the lessons and talks and everything were speaking right to her, but she also said she doesn't really want to come back next week...it's better just as an occasional thing rather than a weekly routine. I think she'll come around soon...we'll see what happens :)

Other than that, nothing too interesting happened this week. I've been reading Jesus the Christ for my personal study recently and it is fascinating. It's the first time I've really read it, and I can't believe I haven't read it before. For me, it helps me to understand more of what the Savior's life was like. I've been reading it in conjunction with the New Testament and it really is incredible to see the Savior's ministry and miracles in depth and to come to know Him a little better through that. It makes me want to develop that relationship with Him even more than I did before. That's one truth that I want to share with everyone: we CAN have a personal relationship with our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. They ARE there to help us each individually and personally. We're not here on our own; we can talk with them and they respond. I'm learning that more and more each day, and it's so exciting when the people we teach finally catch that and realize how much more happiness and joy comes when we better understand the Atonement and our relationship with our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. I do want to share it with everyone and I can't wait to start working this week! It will be wonderful :)

I hope all of you are doing well and having a wonderful time! I love you all! :)

Love, Sister Nicole Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful testimony, Nicole! The Savior does know and care about us personally. Through my experiences in school over the past few years I see people searching for this truth, but rejecting the very messengers and venues that bring it to them. How blessed we are to have courageous young missionaries like yourself carrying the message of the Savior's love for each of His children around the world. You inspire me to want to be a better missionary, too!

    ReplyDelete